— GroupM, Thailand’s leading media investment management operation company – part of WPP today announced the publication of “Thailand Digital Playbook 2017/2018”, an annual report on marketing and consumer trends aimed to highlight best practices for Thailand’s digital industry for the upcoming year.
This third edition of Thailand Digital Playbook provides an insightful overview of Thailand’s digital industry including a summary of key digital advertising and media statistics, market insights, consumer trends, and macroeconomics data from GroupM’s proprietary research and partners.
Among the topics discussed in Thailand Digital Playbook are:
• Digital Ad Spending & Growth
– with a focus on massive incremental digital advertising budget, in particular the top three categories; communication, non-alcoholic beverages, and skincare, amounting approximately to more than 9,400 million Baht of digital advertising value.
• The Mobile Era is Here
– Internet access via the use of smartphone rising new behaviours of Thais, especially for “new internet users” who live in upcountry/rural areas, as well as the elderly. These behaviours include the expectation for instant/responsive services and transactions.
• Consumer Behaviour in the Digital Age
– a gamut of available media provides “freedom of choice” for Thai consumers to select or ignore content and programmes. It boils down to the biggest challenges for marketers to blend all data and knowledge that fit target consumers precisely at the right moment.
• The Virtual Currency
– the adaptation to new technologies is no longer a barrier for consumers, evidenced by the recent growth of Thai online shoppers. This section describes the four types of Thai consumers based on their spending behaviours.
• The Golden Age of Millennial
– upon the rapid changes of behaviours, brands and marketers should utilise technology altogether with on-hand information to uplift personalised experiences in the areas of search and one stop/real time service across multiple devices.
Go here to download Thailand Digital Playbook 2017/2018 https://issuu.com/groupmthailand/docs/thailand_digital_playbook_2017-2018
GroupM is the leading global media investment management company serving as the parent to WPP media agencies including Mindshare, MEC, MediaCom, Maxus, and Essence, as well as the programmatic digital media platform, Xaxis, each global operations in their own right with leading market positions. GroupM’s primary purpose is to maximize performance of WPP’s media agencies by operating as leader and collaborator in trading, content creation, sports, digital, finance, proprietary tool development and other business-critical capabilities. GroupM’s focus is to deliver unrivaled marketplace advantage to its clients, stakeholders and people.
Discover more about GroupM at www.groupm.com
Follow GroupM on LinkedIn - www.linkedin.com/company/groupm
Head of Marketing & Development
Marketing & Development Manager